Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Scrap whispers - The big reveal, sign ups and DT call!!!

Hello! The last 2 weeks have been absolute chaos, so I havent had much time to craft or do much of anything really, and with it having been half term we have been enjoying this glorious weather!! I've got my fingers and toes crossed that it will stay like this for a while. I need to be rid of my t.shirt tan!! LOL. So, this round of Scrapwhispers came to an end and we saw the big reveal, which you can see if you head over to Scrapwhispers. It was amazing to see just how the one layout can evolve so much, when people lift it. So now it has ended I can show you the layouts I created for it. This First layout is of my Grandad and his siblings. He was born in 1924 and died 15 years ago. I miss him every single day and I was grateful that I have been able to use these precious photos of him with his family. I am amazed these pictures still exist. The photo where he is 2 years old, I am lucky enough to have the original copy, but of course I made a copy of it to use on my layout! For this Layout I used Basic Grey papers, Motifica and Porcelain, and for the title I used Basic Grey letter stickers.

I was on team 3, with fabulously talented ladies, and we managed to finish our round early so when it was cleared with everyone that there would be time, we went round again. So from the second layout I created this one. Its of my dd and her first real go at painting at a play centre we would go to. She loved it and every week we went she would only use red and Yellow, eventually making orange. I used DCWV pocket full of posies stack on this one as I love the brightness of the paper, I then added a journalling note from Papermania and a few buttons from my stash. The title is from thickers chipboard alphas. And so now the fun begins. Scrapwhispers are starting sign ups again! The next round starts June 14th, so if you want to play at one of the funnest challenge blogs there is pop over to Scrapwhispers and send an email to Georgina. There is also a DT call, all details are on the blog.

For the time being, while we wait to hear which teams we will be in there are challenges to keep us going and motivated. This weeks challenge #30 is to use the colours pink and orange on your layouts.

Here is mine. The photos are of my DD dancing away to a song called "stomp, wiggle and Jump" from her karaoke machine. It is her favourite song from it and she will just sing and dance away, so I managed to get all stages of the dance!

I used scalloped card from papermania, Orange and butterfly paper by Kate Knight for dovecraft, Heidi swapp plastic flowers, ribbon brads tied with grosgrain ribbon, and the title was hand drawn and cut. The butterfly and stalks were hand cut with a knife and the thought of having to glue it filled me with dread so instead it is attached by pink flower brads.

Thanks once again for looking. If you'd like to leave a comment so I know you've been, it really makes my day. Enjoy the sunshine!!!

Kel x

2 comments:

Georgina said...

wow thats a lot of scrapwhispering! :) loving all your creations!

Squirrel said...

Well done you! Beautiful LOs, and I love the one with your DD dancing - so cute!!