Tomorrow the Boy turns 3!! Seriously, where on earth does the time go. In just a few months he will be going to nursery and I won't know what to do with myself :)

I just wanted to share a couple of photos with you from yesterday. We had an early birthday tea with some family. A few days ago I decided to make The Boy's cake. What was I thinking??? I'd never decorated a cake, ever!! So here I was messing around with some icing and they ended up in a toy story alien form (well, in a fashion). I chose Friday the 13th to start making the cake.... Really I shouldn't have to say any more. The first cake had the consistancy of melted ice cream. Inedible. The second attempt came out like a pancake. Inedible. The thrid attemjpt sunk in the middle and would not come away from the tin. Fell to pieces and was truly disgusting! I know most people would have given up but I wanted to do this for my Boy... So with a deep breath, I literally chucked all the ingreients into a bowl together, beat it with an electric whisk and 30 minutes later, out it came... PERFECT!!!! Then I had to ice it. Rolling it out took some time :s
But I got there in the end.

Its not perfect, its not technically right (and yes, those aliens are fab at covering up the broken, torn pieces of icing) but the Boy loved it and he, his sister and cousin's all demolished the aliens and stars in roughly 20 seconds.. though it was probably a lot less! LOL

So worth 2 hours sleep for. Now, what to do for DD???
2 comments:
Seriously - that's your first time of decorating a cake? I think it is amazing! Great job Kel. I love those little aliens!
Awesome! *I can't believe he's 3!!!! where does the time go?
Post a Comment