Monday, 30 March 2009

Something from the weekend

I was actually going to post this on Saturday but I have spent most of weekend trying to fathom out this blogging lark!! I mean its not rocket science but it still had me baffled. So I first have to thank Georgina for her "Beginners Guide"! Last week I ordered 9 stamps from pink gem designs and they arrived on friday. As sson as I opened the packet I couldnt wait to get started! The stamp designs are super gorgeous and so cute that I spent alot of friday and the weekend making cards with them. The hardest part was knowing where to start. I mean I had 9 stamps to choose from and each one produce a flood of inspiration. So I decided I would stamp each image, colour them in and then go from there. All of the images are coloured using my brush marker pens as watercolours. I put the colour onto an acrylic block and then used my paintbrush to pick up the colour. This was the first card I made from the set. I loved this image so much as when I was colouring her in I realised how much "Mimi" resembled my little girl. DD even had a coat and hat the same style. Without much thought I had coloured her in with the same golden colour hair and the hat and coat in brown, as DD once had. So this card was an even bigger joy to make. I added some Basic grey paper from the Porcelain collection and some old lace I had. I made the flower embellishment by punching a flower shape from an old book I found in my loft and sewing on a button. I really like the vintage feel it gave the card. The next one I made was this Fairy Mimi card. I loved colouring her in. I used stickles for her fairy wings and crown. This image screamed to me "enchanted garden" and I found that the Basic grey Sultry papers fitted perfectly. Again I used some lace (found on a top I had never worn) and some fabric flowers. I have decided to enter this card into the ABC Challenge. This weeks challenge is G for Glitter, so I thought the glittery wings would be just the thing. This is my first card challenge since blogging, so I am really keen to have a go! This card I made for my neice who is going to turn 4 this month. She is so very girly and this image reminded me of her. I used some papermania scalloped card for the backing and a little strip of Basic Grey paper, lace and a paper flower with a button sewn on. I wanted this on to be quite simple and I am sure my neice will love it!
After all of these girly cards I should show a boy card shouldnt I? I love this Pirate Jack!! I had so many ideas for him but I couldnt resist making a treasure map to go along with him. I used Basic Grey again, this time from the Eva collection, I added a torn edge which I thought worked perfectly and sentiment which was made from using Doodlebug Simply sweet mini rub on's. And so there we have it. I have made so many more which I will add, I just didnt want to overload, but I cant wait to share with you. I am so very happy with my stamps. I know I will use them time and time again! Thank you Janet, at Pink Gem designs!! Thank you for looking!

2 comments:

Nilsa said...

Such cute cards. Love the stamps!

Georgina said...

okay, so I know you blamed me for enabling you - but those cards look great - those stamps are too sweet!