Saturday, 9 May 2009

3 in a day

Another busy crafting afternoon for me today. I put my little boy to bed, and then sat with my daughter and made some cards. My dd likes to help me choose colours and stamps, so today I decided to let her take control and choose what she wanted me to use. And I think I have produced a very creative little girl! She loves my Basic Grey paper stash and is dying to get her hands on it, but she is only 3 and I am not that brave! So onto my first challenge entry for Friday sketchers. This is my first entry with Friday sketchers and I think it could be the start of something beautiful! For this card I used Marrakech papers, which are just beautiful. The image is 'Shopaholic' by Elizabeth Bell at Sugar Nellie, and the flowers are from my stash. My dd wanted to add the gem brads and hot fix crystals, which I had forgotton I had, and I think they really finished the card.

This next card is a creation for Sketch Saturday. My dd said I should make a card for ds's birthday and so here it is. I used Marrakech paper for the background, spotty paper is DCWV 'Nanas kids' stack, ribbon and the buttons are from the Early Learning Centre, and the image is 'Hamish fixing a tractor' from Sugar Nellie.

And last but definately not least, over at Basic Grey this week is a gorgeous sketch by Anthea. DD wanted me to use the Shopaholic stamp again and this time with Porcelain Papers, which are just so girly and light. Again the fabric flowers are from my stash, as is the green gem brad and the lace is from a top I cut up and hadnt even worn.... a true shopaholic confession! LOL

Thanks once again for looking. I really appreciate any comment you may leave. Dont be shy. I love hearing from you!

Enjoy your weekend

Kel x

10 comments:

Georgina said...

wow! you have been busy! I bet Sinead loved helping too

June Houck said...

Nice take on the sketch! A wonderful feminine card :)

Unknown said...

You are right Kelly - those colours are very creative - she did a fab job and so may I say did her Mum!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful cards! Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole

Allison said...

lovely cards
AllisonX

tracie said...

oh wow you have been busy, 3 fab cards.. love the images and pretty details. Thanks for joining us this week at SS ~ Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
hugs
Tracie :)x

Saskia said...

Wow... you are so busy and creative!!! Lovely cards!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia

Heather said...

Three lovely cards Kelly. Your dd made a great choice. Love the 'girly' BG card, especially those multi colours shopping bags.
Thanks for joining us at BG.
hugs Heather xx

Chris said...

Fantastic cards Kelly and you definitely have a very talented little daughter there with her choices which are gorgeous! Love your BG card, the papers are so pretty and the image is sweet as can be. Thanks for joining us this week. Chris :)

Steph said...

Fab cards. I especially love the boy's one, the colours are gorgeous and cheery!