Hi, Happy Friday!
The other day I promised a tutorial on how to make the gift box I made for my friend and so here I am. I actually got the instructions for this from the Complete Scrapbooking Handbook and it was shown by Michelle Powell. The box is based on an Origami box but you have a make a couple of cuts so technically its not origami, but it is a very sturdy little box and so quick and easy to make. Its taken me a while to sit down and actually follow the instruction for the this myself, as I first thought it was too complicated, but its really simple and I am in love. Sometimes you can fork out a small fortune for a gift box from the shops but this is something you will be making over again!
So here we go.
You will need:
2 sheets of paper (any sized squared, I used 8x8)
A ruler
Bone folder
Craft knife
Ribbon and embellishments of your choice.
You can use any sized paper or card as long as it is square. For this one I used 8 x 8, all dressed up paper from DCWV. So you start by folding the paper/card diagonally, then open it up and fold again to the opposite corners
Open the paper back up again and fold each corner into the centre of the paper so you have 4 triangles.
When you have folded all of the corners inward, you then fold the edges so they meet in the middle, unfold and fold again the other way. This gives the folds needed to create the box shape.
Next open up two opposite triangle flaps and you need to make cuts from the edge of the folded flap to the outside. You do this on both sides and at opposite ends, as in the picture.
Next you just fold the box together, making sure that the triangle flaps just sit in the base. And there you have the lid for the box.
To make the base, you take the same sized paper to start but start by trimming off 5-7 mm from 2 adjacent edges. Follow the steps from the beginning and this will give you base.
Then all you need to do is put the lid on, dress it up as you want to and add which ever gift it is you will be giving.
I hope you can understand the instructions, and I would love to see what you create.
Happy folding!
Kel x
2 comments:
This looks so pretty and easy. I must have a go at it! Thanks for sharing X
Great tutorial, thanks
Post a Comment