I just wanted to share a layout I have made about my renewed faith. I went to a church school and I had something terrible happen to me, but instead of being treated like the victim I was I was made to believe it was my fault. I was only 8 years old and I didnt really know much better. So from this I started to resent God, His church and anyone who was a part of it. I felt threatened, I suppose, with a little bit of hatred mixed in. I felt I had been let down by Him and his Church. Over the years this thing had been eating away at me and when I had my children to a Catholic man I had tough choices to make. Do I allow them to be Baptised or not? It was a real struggle and after all those years I decided it was time to lay it all to bed. I had to move on, for my children. For me. I realised it wasn't God at all, I should be angry with, it was the person he put his trust in, the Priest. The day I had my children baptised was a very emotional day for me. On that day, I decided it was my time too, to give myself to God as I had given my children to him. So with the help of a wonderful lady, and at the age of 30 I had myself Baptised. I am still learning alot and I have had alot of support from this lady and I am now preparing to be confirmed with my daughter, when her time comes. I feel so much happier in myself and even though I don't make it church every week, I know I have his spirit with me always.
Tuesday, 2 February 2010
Faith
I just wanted to share a layout I have made about my renewed faith. I went to a church school and I had something terrible happen to me, but instead of being treated like the victim I was I was made to believe it was my fault. I was only 8 years old and I didnt really know much better. So from this I started to resent God, His church and anyone who was a part of it. I felt threatened, I suppose, with a little bit of hatred mixed in. I felt I had been let down by Him and his Church. Over the years this thing had been eating away at me and when I had my children to a Catholic man I had tough choices to make. Do I allow them to be Baptised or not? It was a real struggle and after all those years I decided it was time to lay it all to bed. I had to move on, for my children. For me. I realised it wasn't God at all, I should be angry with, it was the person he put his trust in, the Priest. The day I had my children baptised was a very emotional day for me. On that day, I decided it was my time too, to give myself to God as I had given my children to him. So with the help of a wonderful lady, and at the age of 30 I had myself Baptised. I am still learning alot and I have had alot of support from this lady and I am now preparing to be confirmed with my daughter, when her time comes. I feel so much happier in myself and even though I don't make it church every week, I know I have his spirit with me always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Kelly, that must have been awful for you. I'm so glad that you have renewed faith now and that you are happier for it. Beautiful LO.
beautifully done-i love the simplicity :)
sarabeth
It's time to vote on the Nerdiest winner over at http://nvsgirls.blogspot.com. Invite all your friends to come and vote!
WOW! What a testimony! I love the page, too! I am glad you found your way back, I don't know what I would have done without my faith to sustain me, even when I was angry with God over my infertility!I am so glad you have moved on beyond your hurt and I pray that you will feel blessed every day! Give those precious children a hug! Your friend from Indiana, Kim
Oh Kelly, that's a sad story with a happy ending. Enjoy the rest of your your journey.
Your LO is absolutely gorgeous, and very fitting.
Rosey x
Post a Comment