Wednesday, 2 September 2009
Backpack Box
Every now and again I get together with my neighbour and we have a little craft session and make some cards or some scrapbooking . But last night we decided to try something completely different. I found this tutorial for a backpack box and we both thought it looked adorable and definately worth a go. Here is what we came up with! (Well, this is my one, but Pat's is exactly the same. )
In the tutorial it says to use 2 pieces of 8.5 x 11" coordinating cardstock, but we put the template onto a piece of 12x12 and got the 2 boxes out of that. Because we used plain cardstock we decided to stamp onto it with Versamark ink, leaving a lovely barely there watermark effect. It also says at the end that to close the flaps you should use magnetic clasps (or I suppose velcro would work) but seeing as it was a last minute creation and neither of us had these I just popped a brad in for now, just so I was able to take the photos of it looking proper.
So now I am sure you know what I am thinking. Gift's for teachers at christmas time! How different and perfect. Maybe filled with a homemade memo notepad and little pencils? or homemade Gingerbread bites/ chocolates/ coconut ice....... ?!
When I first read the tutorial I thought it would be really difficult but it was pretty easy and quick to assemble. I love how it turned out. If you give it a go let me know, I would love to see what you make!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment