Scrap that Poetry's challenge poem is Home Sweet Home by John Howard Payne. A beautiful poem with a lot of inspiration throughout. Instead of creating a layout this fortnight, I chose to do some home decor. I bought a frame from M&S for just £4, and it's so lovely it was just calling out for some chintz. Using up my Fancy Pants - Roadshow papersI pieced together this little house.

I added some lace to the layers in the roof, which also opens up to reveal some hidden journalling about all the places we have lived and where we call home.

I sewed around the edges to give it a more homely feel. And the little "home" sign was embroidered onto some old cotton fabric from an underskirt of one of DD's dresses. Check me out being all thrifty! LOL.
Pop over to
Scrap that Poetry's blog and I hope you can join in with us. What will you create?
1 comment:
This is such a fantastic idea !!!
Post a Comment