Sunday, 30 August 2009

Cinema Saturday Challenge

Isn't Forrest Gump one of the most heart warming films of all time? It is just so lovely, with laughs and tears and of course the brilliant soundtrack and memorable quotes. Cinema Saturday Creative challenge this week is based on Forrest Gump with the added requirement of using the colour Brown. It could be a little splash of it or it could be alot. Well here is my creation. I love using Brown and pink as a colour combination and normally use more pink than brown so this time I decided to flip that and go for more brown, to tie in with that classic quote "Life is like a box of choclates. You never know what you're gonna get". I also used a quote from the film, where Forrest is talking of his "Best good friend", Bubba. I used a stamp from Inkadinkado, coloured with a splash of brush pen (brown) and Sakura pen (Pink), a mix of papers from Doodlebug and Basic Grey, and a chipboard "Sweet Friendship" by Brenda Walton fr K&Co. The swirls are freehand with some added gems for sparkle. I think tonight I will have to watch Forrest Gump once the kiddies are in bed! Sounds like a plan! x

3 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

This is just awesome! Love the pink and brown. I can just hear Forrest saying "Bubba was my best good friend..." Great Card!

Nellie Mae said...

I love it! Great work!!

Tethered2Home said...

I just adore pairing brown with pink too! Lovely.