Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Something got me started

There are a couple of Blue Crew challenges going on over at SJ this month. One of them is a fab Alphabet challenge. For this challenge you have to choose a word beginnning with A for your title, with the exception of Art!! and then once you have chosen your word you have to use something beginning with B to accent your page, Butterflies, brads, Buttons etc.. Now, I dont know if I have mentioned before but I Just LOVE Simply Red and all their music. I have followed them since 1990 and this year I saw them in London and Liverpool and I will hopefully be going again, this time to Belfast, as they are no longer going to be Simply Red and they end this final tour on my birthday. (Keep your fingers crossed for me please?!!!!!) Sounds a bit obsessive I know but I really do just love them. So what does this have to do with the challenge? Well I just so happen to have their Autographs! I have had them since 1992 and I have just been waiting to scrap them and now seemed like the right time. The Autographs do look a bit battered but as a teenager I kept them on my bedroom pinboard and then bragged them around (not that anyone was all that bothered! lol ) so over the years they have been a bit damaged but you can still see Mick Hucknall and crews signatures. I am even more proud to own these as they belong to the original members of the band! I have added the concert ticket and I even used the front cover of their "A new Flame" album. The album of the time was actually "Stars" but it didnt fit the page. I hand drew all the flourishes with Sakura Gelly Roll pen and added some Black Buttons. The title is from Papermania foam alphas, papers are DCWV All Dressed Up and Rock Star. Thanks for looking and dont forget all those good thoughts to get me to Belfast :) x

1 comment:

Squirrel said...

That's it, I'm going to be singing THAT one all night now!
I already commented on SJ - love your swirls and I envy you if you did them by hand. I can't draw swirls to save my life.