Monday, 3 August 2009

A knitty Nora

A nickname given to me by my Mum when I would have my knitting needles clacking away with the speed of light. I've not knitted for a while and I am so much slower now, I'm also finding that I am dropping more and more stitches, which is just so frustrating. I was detemind to finish this super cute little bag though.
For no reason whatsoever, more of a challenge to self. I saw this pattern a loooong time ago in a magazine and have finally had a go. Its my first try at cable knit and moss stitch, so my head has swelled with pride and now I have no idea what to use it for! What do you reckon?

2 comments:

Georgina said...

oh this is super cute. I cant knit to save my life, mum tried to teach me but I am useless! LOL You could create little pieces of your scrap paper and write little messages on them to pull out each day and read, or you could wrap it round the bottom of a flower pot? or you could stick a handle on it and make it a carry bag type thing

Squirrel said...

Neat! I used to crochet but I was never very good at knitting.
I think I'd put that little bag on my craft table and use it to put in all the little things I was currently using. Like the eraser, scissors shield, pen tops - all the things that get buried while you're working.