The tree, I made from a scrap of BG Nook and Pantry paper and the 'leaves' are from bubble wrap painted with acrylic paint. I cut the bubble wrap too small so I had the idea of using the end of my craft knife to make the leafy bit, bigger. The apples were done the same way. I also used some October Afternoon- report card paper, scrap of MME, and letter stickers from DCWV.
Click here to see the poem. I hope it inspires you as much as it did me and I hope you will join in! I can't wait to see your creations!
Tuesday, 1 June 2010
Scrap that Poetry - The Giving tree
Morning! Hope you all had a good bank holiday.
This is my first challenge for Scrap that Poetry as a Design Team member and I'm sooo excited!
The challenge is based on the poem "The Giving Tree" - by Shel Silverstein. It is such a beautiful and heartwarming poem with lots of prose to inspire.
I;ve based the poem around my Boy, laughing all the summers hours away.
The tree, I made from a scrap of BG Nook and Pantry paper and the 'leaves' are from bubble wrap painted with acrylic paint. I cut the bubble wrap too small so I had the idea of using the end of my craft knife to make the leafy bit, bigger. The apples were done the same way. I also used some October Afternoon- report card paper, scrap of MME, and letter stickers from DCWV.
Click here to see the poem. I hope it inspires you as much as it did me and I hope you will join in! I can't wait to see your creations!
The tree, I made from a scrap of BG Nook and Pantry paper and the 'leaves' are from bubble wrap painted with acrylic paint. I cut the bubble wrap too small so I had the idea of using the end of my craft knife to make the leafy bit, bigger. The apples were done the same way. I also used some October Afternoon- report card paper, scrap of MME, and letter stickers from DCWV.
Click here to see the poem. I hope it inspires you as much as it did me and I hope you will join in! I can't wait to see your creations!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Hi Kelly,
I thought I would check out the blogs of the other new DT members at STP. Looks like we are the only English members! I love your LO and that pic is too cute and must have been just screaming to be scrapped!
Mel x
Oh my... what a lovely layout!!! Great job!
Love it and Giving Tree is one of my fav books!
Post a Comment