Saturday, 12 June 2010

Scrapwhispers Challenge 67

When you got to an event do you keep hold of some memorabilia? Like tickets, a placecard, a leaflet, stickers? Well, at scrapwhispers this is what we want to see. Your layouts using some kind of ephemera (memorabilia). For my layout, I wanted to scrap DD's nativity play and I still had the words that she had to learn for it. The photos I have of the play are quite busy and they just didnt work at all. So in a lightbulb moment, I had one printed in black and white and the same photo printed in colour. I then cut DD out of the colour one, sanded around the edge with an emery board (nail file) and layered it onto the black and white one. Now my baby stands out from the 'crowd' :) I know you must be hoarding something from a concert, or a day trip to the zoo. Put it on a layout and come share with us!! paper: Crate Paper - Brook, Pink Paislee - Queen Bee, Stickers: Crate Paper - Brook Alphas - Cosmo Cricket, thickers

2 comments:

Mel said...

I keep ALL my memorabilia and then always forget about it when I scrap a page. I might have to try this one.
I love the idea with the photo - it really makes her stand out. Often birthday party type photos are very busy and lack a main focus so I might have to try this.
I like the mix of different alphas too!

Kel said...

This is a great page. I keep stuff from all kinds of things I attend or my family, but I never seem to get it into a scrapbook, thans for the inspiration to start doing that! Great photo work!