Monday, 24 August 2009

Favourite Movie?

I have come across a fabulous new challenge site called "These are a few of my favourite things". Challenge #3 is all about your favourite movie. This was so tough because I have so many that I just love, musicals, thrillers, horror, comedy.... But the ONE that I can watch over and over, never get bored with and it makes me laugh, cry, mad and happy is Jerry Maguire. I just love it. I just love the way all the different elements of the film come together to create such a beautiful film. And of course the one line that really sticks in my head is the bit you wait for, the whole way through is; "You Complete Me". Such a beautiful line. So here is my take on that quote. My little ones, DD and the Boy. It might sound cheesy, but they really do complete me. I was having a little crisis for turning 31, thinking what have I got and who am I now?! But here they are, the little people who make me, me and they are what I have to make my life complete. Getting a bit soppy now..... see what this film does?? LOL. This LO is made up almost exclusively of My Mind Eye "Bloom & Grow" except for the journalling spot by Autumn Leaves and the little birdy from Basic Grey. I liked the idea of using ticket stubs but didnt have any, so made them from my scraps and wrote YOU & ME on them as part of the title. This challenge is up til the 29th August, but another will be posted soon after. Go check them out. The DT creations are amazing!! Thanks for looking and putting up with my soft side.... :) Kel xx

9 comments:

sarah said...

great pick!! i totally love this movie too. and i love your layout for this challenge!! :)

thanks so much for playing with us!!! hope you come and play with us again!

hugs,
sarah.

Anonymous said...

Oh..I LOve this LO!All that beautiful paper,that tag and your design!And such an adorable photo!Love the quote you used from the movie...and I love your journaling about it on your blog!!Love the movie too!!
Thank you so much for playing along with us and your sweet comments over TAAFOMFT!!!

chris a said...

What an adorable photo - and I love how you framed it on the layout - the papers are great as is the quote. Your blog is really cute and I am going to have to check out some of your fav blogs. thanks so much for playing along with us at TAAFOMFT and also for your sweet comments.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your SOFT SIDE!!!! I have one too!!! LOL!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this!!! LOVE that photo, the title, the colors....and loveeeeeeeeeeeee all the cutout work.....thanks sooooooooooooooooooooo MUCH for playing along with ME! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lisa said...

Awwwww! What a sweet photo! And that movie is one of my favorites too...especially that quote! You did an amazing job! Thanks for playing along!!!! xoxo L

Georgia Visacri said...

Love your layout, very beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us!

Anonymous said...

That is my DH's fave movie!!!!!! Love that quote and love what you made of it!!!1 Thanks for playing!!!

Deana said...

Totally adorable photo for the perfect movie quote ever! So CUTE! Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with us! :-)

Bekka said...

This is such a sweet photo, and I LOVE the title! Great job, and thank you so much for playing along with us!!