Friday, 8 January 2010

Get Geeky

I have found another new challenge blog Nerdy *Victorious* Scrapbookers, Or NVS for short. The whole site looks like a whole lot of fun and inspires you to embrace your inner nerd! LOL Here is the collage that the nerds have set for inspiration. Very chic and rock glam. I tried to pick out as many elements of it as I could for my Layout but without it being too obvious. This is my layout for the challenge. The photo is of me, my cousin Sarah and her friend Louise trying to sqeeze into a photo booth when we were all around 15-16 years old. Check out my glasses.... Harry Potter eat your heart out! LOL. As soon as I saw the huge glasses on the girl in the collage I knew I had to use this photo...(though there are many, many more... *cringe*) Even though there was a only a hint of red in the collage, I wanted to use it to make this standout. The Basic Grey Lemonade paper seemed just perfect for this photo. The title is just all about us trying to be chic when we really were just Geeks! :) Material: K&co Hopscotch girl, Basic Grey Lemonade, WeRMemory Keepers photo anchors, brads, waxed thread, Papermania alpha stickers, epoxy shapes. buttons, paperclip. Let out your inner geek and check out the challenge! Thanks for looking x

8 comments:

Lynnette Davis said...

LOVE that lace up effect and always love picture booth photos!!! Thanks for playing along with the Nerdy Girls!!!

Jackie said...

Wow this is so cool! I really love the lacing and the title, great take on the challenge :)

Jackie said...

Wow this is so cool! I really love the lacing and the title, great take on the challenge :)

Lita said...

wow, fabulous job on the challenge. I have to agree, that lacing is spectacular!

Michelle Winston said...

A fantastic LO Kelly ! I am loving the lacing, but also the staples !!! WTG, and thanks for playing along this month !
Cheers:)

Squirrel said...

So clever! The lacing is a superb effect, and you do need to celebrate those specs! ;-)
Rosey x

allyson joy said...

Ohhhhh that lacing action is wicked!!! Love the way it turned out - thanks so much for being a nerd with us :-)
{xoxo}

Alysse said...

wow...the lacing is awesome. Thanks for joining the challenge and sharing your geekiness with NVS!