First off, I want to apologise for the dark photos. Its a sign that the temperature is dropping again and that the threat of snow, sleat, rain (or all of the above) is imminent! It really is such a dark and drab day. And this is going to be one looonnng post too! Anyways,
All about me are challenging you to think of the soundtrack to your life. This is such a tough one for me. I mean, can you really choose one song over millions that would sum up your whole however many years in, say, 3 minutes and 41 seconds?
I seriously can't. I have tried to pick a song, any song, but as soon as I picked one I thought of another with a different memory. So I decided on doing my layout in a series of layouts in a book form for each decade as I remember it.

Ah, the 80's! My absolute favourite for music. Electro pop, yes. Kooky, yes. Cheesy? Definately! There was some great music to come out of the 80's. Maybe I love it so much, still because for me it sums up my innocent youth. The arguments were about who was the better looking brother from Bros (Matt Goss, of course!), Madonna vs Michael Jackson, and who could get away with singing the swear word that appreared in "Push It"- Salt N' Peppa. The boys were trying to do backflips like the London Boys and the girls just wanted to have fun... Get it? LOL. It was also the time of my first ever concert. I went to see Jason Donovan with my friend Emma, her's and my mum. He was really, really good... (I was 10!) Oh, and the Smash hits poll winners parties. They were fab!! My favourite from the 80's..... tough choice. But I have to say, Rick Astley has always been my legend. Though it now when I was introduced to the 50's by my grandma and I have to say, I do love to jive along to Bill Haley, Eddie Cochran and Buddy Holly....

Then came the 90's. A new school, new people and a whole load of new music. I was introduced to R&B, so I was now listening to Joe, Mary J Blige, SWV along with some Ragga from Beenie Man. I was also listening to trance and dance, pop, rap and of course still the stuff from the decade before. There was of course the battle of the bands, Blur and Oasis. There was Take That and New kids on the Block, and who can forget the baggy pants, courtesy of MC Hammer. I remember standing on a low wall outside a classroom with my friends and we were attempting to rap the whole song of Ice, Ice Baby! It was hilarious, when I look back.
But then, later on in that decade I moved on too. I started listening to more Melancholy songs, from Bjork, Smashing Pumpkins, Nick Cave, but then on the other hand there was the rock (and a lot of moshing!) from Bon Jovi, GNR, Type O negative and a lot of Prince and Simply Red thrown in.

The noughties was the start of my life abroad. I started in Germany and the one song on everyones lips was Mambo #5 - Lou Bega. That song drove me nuts! It was on non stop for 6 months. I did also find some other awesome talent in Germany, Like Sascha and the Turkish singer, Tarkan. from there I went to college, where we had cheesy disco every week. We bopped til we dropped to Queen, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, Bad Manners, Oasis, Shed 7 and They Might Be Giants. I also listened to alot of Eric Clapton.... I still can't figure that out.
When I went to Denmark, I kind of went back a bit to the electro pop of the 80's. So, Erasure featured heavily (they still do, actually), New Order and Human League with a dash of Level 42. Then onto spain and alot of booty shaking to Shakira, Beyonce, Sean Paul and Chenoa. I was there for 5 years and I still cannot find one song to even sum up one summer! It was such an eclectic time for me, its unreal. My friends would laugh at my CD collection because it was so random! Which is a great thing I think.

And of today? Well, I still listen to just about everything. In my kitchen I have Roxette, in my living room its Lenny Kravitz and when I am just singing to myself its Elvis Presley. The music of today, Keane, Florence and the Machine, Paloma Faith, Paolo Nutini, Michael Buble and Alicia Keys, N Dubz, Pixie Lott.... it's all good.
So, I think we can safely say there is an awful lot of music that happens in my life. Maybe I switched CD'S to often and thats why I can't summerise in just one tune.
If you are still awake (and I do hope you are) thanks for baring with me, while I sift through 27 years of music in the life that is Kelly.
Before I go, does anyone else remember The Reynolds Girls?? "I'd rather Jack". Thats in my head now... its going to be one long day... Thanks for sticking with me. Why don't you check out the
challenge?
5 comments:
Kelly what a great idea! Love it!! Thanks for playing along at AAM!
LOL Kelly, I'm impressed! I don't think I could do that challenge, but I love how you've done it. That is one fantastic LO!
Rosey x
Hi there. :) Wow! I love the thoroughness of this! Reading your post really made me laugh because it brought back so many memories. :) I kinda did a 'flashback' layout. . .but NOTHING like yours! Yours is 'totally awesome!' : ) Great job.
wow!!! you rocked the challenge!!!! this is soooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a great concept!!! I love it!
Post a Comment