Today is the coldest, most miserable of the winter so far. It has rained literally all day so I've been stuck in with the boy. And I have to say, he has been an angel! He has been playing with his lego and puzzles while I have been crafting. I thought I'd join in a couple of challenges this week.
A Gem of a challenge is asking for you to follow a sketch and a christmas card in non traditional colours. Isn't Sprinkles the fairy just too cute!!? I've used a mix of crate paper and dovecraft papers, a lace doily, some lace and some dew drops. You can't really see in the photo but Sprinkles has been stickled and I coloured her in using pro markers. I still need a bit of practice I think.

I also thought I'd try
Sketch Saturday this week. It's been ages since I've joined in but the sketch was perfect for my sisters birthday card. I'd had this image from Elzybells coloured and framed for a while but wasn't sure what to so with it. Doesn't it look lovely with these papers?! I used a mix of crate paper and prima this time, the frame stamp is from Papermania and again I've coloured in using pro markers.

Thanks for stopping by. Keep your fingers crossed this rain eases before the school run :)
9 comments:
Thanks so much for entering The Gem of a Challenge this week with such a fab card. The colour and image are just perfect and go so well with the sketch.
Hope you will join in next month too.
Good luck Hugs rozzy xx
(Special Guest Designer for A Gem of a Challenge Nov2010)
aww.. so dainty and cute and girly!! I love them!! tfs!! I hope your rain stops soon.. Got it here too..ugggg
This is gorgeous work Kelly, such pretty colours and fab use of the sketch! Thanks so much for shraing at a gem of a challenge this month hugs Rebekah xx
Beautiful card! Love this Elzybells! It looks great with these papers, you've done a great job!!
Thanks for making this great card with my sketch at Sketch Saturday!
Leonie xx
Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week Kelly with such a lovely card ! Love the image and your flower is so cute ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine
Gorgeous cards and especially love the Pink Gem one.
luv
Debby
Beautiful card....Love the papers and the doiley,and sprinkles looks great...Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge,hope to see you next time...
Mandy xx
Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge!x
Gorgeous PG image Love your fab colour combo great take on the sketch...thanks for sharing & joining us at A Gem of a Chall.
smiles Christine PG DT xx
Post a Comment